By Josh Langley © 2014
For a long time I‘ve had a burning question about guidance and a strong desire to make contact with a guide of some sort. Whenever I asked to meet a guide in a lucid dream or OBE I‘d either get no response or I‘d wake up quickly and feel really disappointed. However, the following Lucid Dream yielded some answers that I wasn‘t expecting.
I was going to a cooking school, in which you stayed for a period of a few days with different groups going through. I felt very close and friendly to my group. The settling was a stone castle-like structure with internal square swimming pools, but it didn‘t feel too old worldly… just a normal stone building. I become lucid and start questioning my surrounds and the reality of the dream and I conduct several experiments:
- I‘m holding two objects in my hands and I‘m squeezing them saying that ‘I know this reality isn‘t real, yet it‘s real to me, it‘s hard, firm and I can‘t pass my fingers through it.’
- A little frustrated and braver, I throw chairs over a balcony to the dining tables below to see what people will do.
- I start a fight and see if when I get punched if it hurts or not. I‘m not too sure what happened, but I feel it didn‘t hurt, yet I had shielded myself from any potential blows and tensed up.
- I fade the scene to white to try to start again, yet the scene returns just as clear as it was.
- I ask several times if there is a guide of some sort and if they can reveal themselves. Nothing happens, just the same scene continues around me.
- I decide to swim in the pool, because I‘ve got nothing else to do, still half lucid. Feels very real.
Feeling frustrated, I end up higher up in the building and ask the question about a guide, sounding frustrated and even desperate. I then notice a figure standing in front of me and as I look down, I see it‘s a Dwarf. I vaguely remember he‘d been holding my hand and was by my side on and off at different times in the dream.
I look directly at him, acknowledging him. He smiles and without words telepaths to me, ‘Thanks for noticing me, finally! Sometimes you have to change the way you look and where you looking to find what you need or want.’
The dream turns into a jumble of images and I lose lucidity.
The lesson I took away is fairly obvious but it had to come from a Dwarf-like character to shake me out of my narrow expectations. I‘ve now changed the way I expect guidance to come through and take a less ‘higher world‘ approach and realise that guidance can be much closer to home and be more subtle than I expect.
Read more by Josh Langley at: www.dyingtoknowistherelifeafterdeath.com